- Cinema Under the Stars at Tamanend Park's Meadow Amphithetare: This Saturday July 3rd The Shakespeareans of Tamanend Park will be presenting the 1938 film production of "Robin Hood" starring Errol Flynn. This in in preparation of the Southampton Days Parade where the theme will be Robin Hood.
- The Shakespeareans of Tamanend Park invite all Renaissance Folk who would like to join them walking in the Southampton Day Parade to don their costumes and gather at Image of the Mind Studios parking lot at 1325 Industrial Highway, Southampton at 8:30 am on July 5th. The parade is a two mile route ending at Tamanend Park where the Shakespeareans will be having performances at The Meadow Amphitheatre and a barbecue hosted by Fat Jacks of Southampton. Included in the performances is a World Premier presentation of a Act I Scene I from a new musical/opera titled "Midsummer", Also enjoy fencing demonstrations and "Spontaneous Shakespeare": where anyone wishing to try their hand at Shakespeare are invited to participate in script-in-hand readings. Bring a blanket or chair, the events are free, the food is not. Donations would be most appreciated. Information online at- www.shakespeareanjournal.blogspot.com
Bucks County composer reawakens the music of Shakespeare's classic comedy.
- Shakespearean scholars agree that A Midsummer Night's Dream was originally a musical, where fairies danced their rounds and sang their Queen to sleep, and Oberon, King of the Fairies, intoned blessings on Theseus' palace. But, like so many works, including the first Gilbert and Sullivan operetta, while the words have been immortalized, the music is lost forever.
- Now, local composer, Michael Dutka breathes musical life back into Shakespeare's glorious fantasy. And on July 5th, 2010, at 3PM, The Shakespeareans of Tamanend Park will present the first scene of Midsummer in the park's open-air theater, The Meadow Amphitheatre.
- A treat for Shakespeare-lovers, music-lovers, and children of all ages. Admission free.