Welcome to the site for The Shakespeareans of Tamanend Park.

Please refer to the posting "Introduction" below
and examine the end of the page for maps
and details about special events,
such as the parade
or other events
that may occur remotely
from the stage
at the Park.

Cinema Under the Stars is left at the top of the page because the films, which are intended to be shown on alternating weekends, require frequent updating.

The show-times are approximate
because of the changing sunset time and go up when it is dark enough.

You are advised to arrive early to choose a good spot in the field. We have concession items available and in the future may have blankets available for rental.

Be sure to bring insect repellent, although we do use citronella to cut back on mosquitoes, you will need to protect yourself.

Refer to the IMS Virtual Studio for a countdown to the current film showing.

In the Event of Rain;

Live Performances at the stage are canceled if the sky is not clear and the ground dry by 1:00 p.m. with no forecast of rain for the remainder of the day.

For Cinema Under the Stars the ground must be dry by 5:00 p.m. and no forecast for rain that evening.

Unless otherwise specified there is no rain date.

Saturday, October 1, 2011


Well, here we are again!

We have to cancel.  

I am very bummed but the conditions at the park and the anticipated rains make it foolish to proceed.

Here is a severe example of what we are dealing with, The other stage has it's issues also.

 So this effect is translated to the trails and the remainder of the field also. Any further rain, although it may be tolerable in terms of getting rained on, would be disastrous to the enjoyment of all involved. So we will plan another attempt after we consider our options.  Below are further thoughts that I emailed out to our members, participants, and interested parties.

I will be working to produce this at an indoor venue.  The season is over at the park.  Although we might be able to find another date, I am not available for the next few weeks and by then it will be too cold.  So, I will keep you informed about what I am able to come up with for a venue and a likely time. I am thinking that if we can combine an event with a preparatory gathering for "Pirates... "  that might be the best approach. I cannot see anything happening until January or February, what with the holidays, but if the venue I have in mind fits in sooner then I will take a poll and see who might like to do something.

We have a program, we did publicity work, we have a group ready and willing to do something; maybe we should insert that program into the "Cabaret" time slot and/or enhance the program somewhat.  Either the Cabaret time-slot or sometime just before Thanksgiving might be worth considering.  After Thanksgiving is just too busy for everyone.

  I can continue to look into Pendelton Hall and if you have another venue, then we can transpose this effort there, whatever seems to work.


  Sorry everybody, the weather has not been cooperative.  Let me know what you all think.
There was an error in this gadget